How to Deploy a Digital Government Platform
This week we conclude our series on ‘How to Deploy a Digital Government Platform’ with a summary of the concrete steps you can take now to turn information into action.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to complete a no obligation Transition Readiness Audit Survey to establish your organization’s baseline attributes entering the processes, as well as flagging up those project gaps to be addressed prior to starting.
- Conduct research through unbiased sources for vendor information on government technology providers, focusing your initial investigations on your five corporate fit qualities:
I. Service commitment
II. Partnership qualities & culture fit
III. Product pedigree
IV. R&D commitment and product roadmap
V. 100% project success & 100% client referenceability
- Upon sourcing potential vendors meeting this initial evaluation criteria, contact the vendors directly and go over some of the key questions in this guide to assess their responses. In addition to the specific information they provide, try to get a sense of their service culture and product development ethos. Are you sensing a good ‘partner’ fit?
- If satisfied with their responses, ask to schedule a no obligation ‘discovery’ meeting to better assess the vendor’s fit with your detailed selection criteria. If appropriate, the vendor may suggest a product demo that should prove helpful in confirming their product pedigree, roadmap, and potential fit with your core business requirements.
- Following a demo presentation and, assuming both parties are satisfied with the process to date, ask if the vendor is willing to facilitate a process whereby you can investigate and verify your non-negotiable requirements of 100% project success and 100% client referenceability.
- Progress with the detailed reference checks recommended in this guide utilizing the questions provided and grading the vendor on the 5 core evaluation factors summarized in the second point of this checklist.
- Upon confirming a final list of vendors passing muster in your reference checks, particularly on your core criterion of 100% project success and 100% client reference-ability, shortlist these vendors for inclusion in your standard RFP process.
- If assistance is requiring in developing your initial RFP document, take advantage of a complimentary digital government software specific RFP template, providing helpful guidance on the drafting of your project and system requirements – a crucial step in every successful enterprise software project.
- Finally, if you’d prefer direct assistance and a guiding hand through the initial phases of your evaluation process, feel free to contact one of our qualified solution consultants directly for a no obligation discussion on your next best steps.
This concludes our ongoing series on How to Deploy a Digital Government Platform – 5 Keys to Deliver Your Government Technology Project On Time & On Budget.
If you’d like to read the full series in its entirety, download our complimentary eBook.
Featuring best practices guidance from an industry leader with an unmatched 100% project success rate, this informative guide reveals the 5 Keys to deliver our government technology project on time & on budget including:
- How can you recognize & mitigate factors undermining project delivery?
- What are the mission critical areas that proven project leaders focus on?
- How do you provide a cost effective platform yielding generational value?